By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define and describe the 12 competencies on which the FCD training program is based.
- Identify content in each chapter of the FCD curriculum.
- Identify how and where each of the 12 competencies is taught and evaluated in the curriculum.
- Respond correctly to questions about the ethics and scope of practice of FCDs.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of, and your ability to teach, the helping skills component of the curriculum.
- Demonstrate competence in your training skills by presenting a 30-minute portion of the FCD curriculum.
- Evaluate FCD students’ competence in helping and training skills in order to provide a valid recommendation to the National Career Development Association (NCDA), which awards FCD certificates.
- Describe ways in which the FCD curriculum can be modified and expanded by an instructor.
- Describe correctly e-learning and blended (hybrid) curriculum and the process to become an e-learning instructor.
- Describe the FCD scope of practice as it relates to assessment, both formal and informal.
- Describe the requirements and process developed by the Center for Credentialing and Education (CCE), for those who want to obtain a credential as a Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF).
- Describe the requirements and process developed by the National Career Development Association (NCDA), for those who want to obtain a credential as a Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP).
- Develop a plan to promote and deliver a FCD course.
- Describe correctly the FCD Instructor and Program Registry administered by NCDA.
The demand for certified career professionals is increasing every day. One-Stop Centers, High School Counseling Offices, Corporate Career Development Programs, Non-Profit Centers, Humans Resource Personnel, Special Education Transition Coordinators, Job Training, and Vocational Rehabilitation Programs require career development professionals with current knowledge and skills.
Become a registered FCD Instructor working to enhance career development by training others for national certification as an FCD Instructor.