Interested in becoming a trained career professional?
- Would you like to learn from an experienced and expert Master Trainer ?
- Are you open to learning from a cutting edge course using Moodle and Zoom conferencing ?
- Do you want to expand your network of professionals in the career arena ?
- Would you like to build your toolbox of knowledge, activities and resources for career development ?
If you answer YES to any of these questions, this training is for you!
My goal is to help you become the best career professional you can be through the FCD course and training.
Through my course and coaching, you’ll be on the road to making the next part of your career life an exciting new adventure.
As an FCD participant, you will receive training in each of the 12 career competencies. Whether you are at home on the computer or in the classroom, the training includes hands-on and interactive teaching methods and opportunities to interact with colleagues from a variety of work settings. Each FCD group explores curriculum together and forms its own support group that individuals can draw on after completing the class. Since the course content covers 12 career competencies, there is plenty of opportunity to build skills and knowledge in areas that are new to you, as well as enhance and develop those that you use every day in your work.
Past FCD participants often commented that they use what they have learned on their jobs every day, and that it is helpful it is to have a built-in network of other FCDs to keep in touch with after their class.
Are you ready to Take the FCD Course?
Then, what are you waiting for?
- Learning Objectives
- Course Information
- Class Info
- Payment & Refunds
- College Credit Opportunity
By the end of the Facilitating Career Development (FCD) Certification Course, participants will show proficiency in the 12 FCD Competencies established by the National Career Development Association:
- Helping Skills – Participants will be proficient in the basic career facilitating process, including productive interpersonal relationships.
- Labor Market Information and Resources – Participants will understand labor market and occupational information and trends. They will know and be able to use and access current resources.
- Assessment – Participants will comprehend and use (under supervision) both formal and informal career development assessments with emphasis on relating appropriate ones to the population served.
- Diverse Populations – Participants will recognize the special needs of various groups and adapt services to meet their needs.
- Ethical and Legal Issues – Participants will read and follow the CDF code of ethics and know current legislative requirements.
- Career Development Models – Participants will understand career development theories, models and techniques as they apply to lifelong development, gender, age and ethnic background.
- Employability Skills – Participants will know job search strategies and placement techniques, especially in working with specific groups.
- Training Clients and Peers – Participants will prepare and develop materials for training programs and demonstrations.
- Program Management/Implementation – Participants will understand career development programs and their implementation and work as a liaison in collaborative relationships.
- Promotion and Public Relations – Participants will know how to market and promote career development programs with staff and supervisors.
- Technology – Participants will comprehend and use career development computer applications.
- Consultation – Participants will accept suggestions for performance improvement from consultants and supervisors.
Why is FCD important?
As an FCD participant, you will receive training in each of the 12 career competencies. Whether you are at home on the computer or in the classroom, the training includes hands-on and interactive teaching methods and opportunities to interact with colleagues from a variety of work settings. Each FCD group explores curriculum together and forms its own support group that individuals can draw on after completing the class. Since the course content covers 12 career competencies, there is plenty of opportunity to build skills and knowledge in areas that are new to you, as well as improve and develop those that you use every day in your work.
You’ll develop the skills to meet Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) and Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP) credentialing requirements for jobs in many different sectors. And you’ll be more attractive to prospective employers because they know you have met national standards and have developed a clearly defined scope of practice. To find out more on how the GCDF and CCSP certification can help you, visit the NCDA website.
Past FCD participants often comment that they use what they learned on their jobs every day, and that it is helpful it to have a built-in network of other FCDs to keep in touch with after their class.
Who The CDF Training Course Is For
FCD training can enhance the skills and knowledge of individuals who work in any type of career development settings. This can include:
- Career Services Staff
- Department of Labor Career Centers
- Academic Advising (professional staff & faculty)
- School Counselors
- Adult Education departments
- Special Education Transition Specialists
- High School School-to-Career programs
- Private Life and Career Coaches
- College Career Centers
- Human Resource Specialist
- Workforce Development agencies
- Welfare-to-Work programs
- Military outplacement programs
- Corporate Human Resources departments
- Career Preparation programs
- Anyone who provides career services/information to others…You!
The 120-hour class meets over 12 weeks to prepare you for success in the growing field of career development. This course combines face-to-face video training with elearning to give you the skills you need to work in any type of career development setting.
You’ll spend 9 online Zoom classes at night interacting with your instructor and peers. The remainder of the class is a combination of engaging online learning, discussions, and fieldwork.
Mark Danaher is the FCD instructor at the forefront of offering online FCD Courses that are designed to develop a deeper understanding of the FCD competencies. Mark has taught hundreds of FCDs using this online method. He is a NCDA certified FCD instructor and an NCDA Certified FCD Master Trainer.
Online Class Info
Fall, Winter and Summer Classes
- Monday or Tuesday Nights
- 6:45 EST is the start time
- Moodle & Zoom Conferencing
- Participation is required for Monday night classes
- Each class is recorded and available for viewing the following day
Face-to-Face Training Opportunities
I need at least 10 people who are interested in this FCD certification class, I am willing to bring the training to you almost anywhere. Contact me and lets discuss options. Typically, I conduct 3 days of face-to-face training. If you have a smaller group, please contact me so we can discuss the training options and opportunities.
Course Materials – FCD Manual is not included in the registration fee.
- Myers-Briggs Personality Assessment (included with course fee).
- True Colors Personality Assessment (included with course fee).
- Motivated Skills Card Sort (included with course fee).
- Career Values Card Sort (included with course fee).
- Life Planning Wheel Assessment (included with course fee).
- An additional career book with reflection questions (included with course fee).
- Must have Internet access.
- Webcam is encouraged, but not required.
Payment if due in full three weeks prior to the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made with the instructor. Please contact Mark for payment plan options.
All requests for refunds must be received, in writing. E-mail is preferred. Requests more than one month before class begins, 100% refund. Requests made less than one month, refund of 50% of total cost of the class. Once class begins, there are no refunds.
College Credit for FCD Course
I have partnered with Castleton University to offer undergraduate and graduate credit for the FCD Course. The fee is $125.00 per credit. You will be graded and receive an official transcript from Castleton University.
There will be an option on the product page to add the certification.
FCD Course Starting Every September, January and May each year!
Other courses created when there at least 10 people interested and requested by a school, organization or corporation.
WINTER FCD CLASS: January 6, 2020 to March 30, 2020
COST: $1085.00 without the FCD manual – college credit is an additional fee ($375.00)
Face-to-Face Dates: Monday Nights 6:40 pm EST to 9:00 pm EST – January 6, 13; February 3, 10, 24; March 9, 23, 30, 2020
COURSE REGISTRATION LINK: https://form.jotform.com/b11mdana/facilitating-career-development-cou
Director of Internships and Work Based Programs, Old Saybrook High School
February 21, 2015
Assistant Principal – Manchester High School
May 15, 2016
More recently, I made the decision to pursue the NCDA’s Instructor/eLearning Specialty certification. I knew that Mark’s expertise as an NCDA Master Trainer would make this another valuable learning experience. Mark was able to draw upon his strong background in career counseling and career services, as counselor and educator, to offer insightful guidance and perspective on a number of relevant issues and topics, as well as various challenging scenarios related to the training of CDFs. His long-standing commitment to our field is admirable. It was a privilege to have had these professional development opportunities with Mark as my facilitator.
Cheryl Stratigos, M.Ed.
Career Counselor and Professor at Farmingdale State College
December 1, 2017
Liana Jindaryan, M.S.
Director of Career Services at California Institute of the Arts
March 2, 2018
Mark is a go-to resource for career development professionals and I highly recommend his course to anyone interested in obtaining their Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP) or Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF).
Rita Soultanian, M.Ed.
Director, Career and Re-Entry Center at Saddleback College
March 17, 2018
Director of Youth Outplacement Facility
April 21, 2018
Business Teacher – Nashville AR
April 21, 2018