FCD Instructor Course Training
- Would you like to teach others about Career Development?
- Do you have experience and the motivation to inspire other professionals?
- Would you like to be trained by an Experienced and Award-Winning Career Development Professional ?
- Do you to obtain many resources, exercises, video links and ideas from your training to jump start your own FCD course ?
- Leave your training with many resources, exercises, video links and ideas to get your FCD course going
If you answered Yes, then Mark is the Master Trainer for you!
This 2-3 day, in-person, NCDA-approved course prepares you to become a FCD Instructor (FCDI) and eLearning FCD Instructor. The cost is $1500.00.
Training Can Be Done Virtually using Zoom!!
FCD Instructor training provides classroom instruction for those career development professionals who wish to teach the 120-hour Career Development Facilitator course using the NCDA curriculum. You will be approved to teach the FCD course with successful completion and have the opportunity to join the NCDA Instructor Registry for marketing and professional recognition. The FCD Instructor training (FCDI) provides curriculum, networking, and guidance that will prepare you to teach the FCD program to others, so that they may acquire the knowledge and skills to qualify for international certification as a Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP) through National Career Development Association or as a Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) through The Center for Credentialing and Education, Inc (CCE).
How It Works
The FCD Instructor training with eLearning Certification is a 2-3 day course or done via Zoom over multiple sessions. During the workshop, you will be assigned to teach one or more of the 12 CDF Competencies to your peers. Feedback will come from your peers as well as from me. Students are given constructive feedback on their teaching and presentation skills to assist in their growth in becoming CDF Instructors.
About Instructor Training
FCD Instructor’s provide a valuable service helping others who work in career development:
- Gain skills and knowledge that can be applied immediately on the job
- Gain recognition in the field of career development
- Increase professional opportunities
- Obtain eligibility for global certification
- Network with regional career development practitioners
- Learn in a contextual learning environment.
FCD Instructors have an extensive background in all of the FCD competencies including:
- Career development
- Career assessment
- Occupational information
- Job retention
- Career counseling
- Worked, Taught, or Trained adults in settings such as K-12 education, community college, university, one-stop career center, career service agency or business and industry.
- Who Attends
- Learning Objectives
- Opportunities & Benefits
- Course Materials
- Payment and Refunds
People will be considered qualified for this training if they possess:
- Career development expertise,
- Teaching or training experience, and
- A commitment to teach the FCD curriculum.
An FCDI application must be completed. Acceptance or rejection notices will be mailed or emailed one week after applications are reviewed.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define and describe the 12 competencies on which the FCD training program is based.
- Identify content in each chapter of the FCD curriculum.
- Identify how and where each of the 12 competencies is taught and evaluated in the curriculum.
- Respond correctly to questions about the ethics and scope of practice of FCDs.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of, and your ability to teach, the helping skills component of the curriculum.
- Demonstrate competence in your training skills by presenting a 30-minute portion of the FCD curriculum.
- Evaluate FCD students’ competence in helping and training skills in order to provide a valid recommendation to the National Career Development Association (NCDA), which awards FCD certificates.
- Describe ways in which the FCD curriculum can be modified and expanded by an instructor.
- Describe correctly e-learning and blended (hybrid) curriculum and the process to become an e-learning instructor.
- Describe the FCD scope of practice as it relates to assessment, both formal and informal.
- Describe the requirements and process developed by the Center for Credentialing and Education (CCE), for those who want to obtain a credential as a Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF).
- Describe the requirements and process developed by the National Career Development Association (NCDA), for those who want to obtain a credential as a Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP).
- Develop a plan to promote and deliver a FCD course.
- Describe correctly the FCD Instructor and Program Registry administered by NCDA.
The demand for certified career professionals is increasing every day. One-Stop Centers, High School Counseling Offices, Corporate Career Development Programs, Non-Profit Centers, Humans Resource Personnel, Special Education Transition Coordinators, Job Training, and Vocational Rehabilitation Programs require career development professionals with current knowledge and skills.
Become a registered FCD Instructor working to enhance career development by training others for national certification as an FCD Instructor
- Recognition as a Nationally Registered Facilitating Career Development (FCD) Instructor
- Professional development opportunity to increase your career knowledge and skills
- Instruction from a certified Master Trainer who models various learning techniques
- Networking with career development professionals committed to: excellence, lifelong learning, and the field of career development
- National Career Development Association
- National Employment Counseling Association
- National Association of Workforce Development Professionals
- National Board of Certified Counselors, Inc.
- The Center for Credentialing and Education, Inc.
- America’s Career Resource Network
Who Will Conduct This Training
The trainer will be Mark Danaher who has been a career development practitioner, trainer, and is an FCD Master Trainer. He has worked with the FCD curriculum and the concepts every day as a school and career counselor. Currently, Mark is working at Fairfield Warde High School in Connecticut. Mark has worked with many schools, colleges and organizations around the United States and other countries in career development skills and knowledge. Mark was contracted by NCDA to develop the elearning aspects of the FCD course and applications. He has been involved in redesigning and updating the Master Trainer’s training that leads to teaching and certifying new FCD Instructors and ultimately FCDs.
Course materials include the FCD curriculum and the instructor’s manual for conducting your own FCD class. You will also receive from me additional materials, video links, tricks and tips to engage your students. I will share websites to get free resources for your course along with my best practices. Peers will be asked to share their best practices to help build everyone’s toolkit.
Payment if due in two weeks prior to the first day of training unless other arrangements have been made with the instructor. Please contact Mark for payment plan options.
$1500.00 per indivudal
All requests for refunds must be received, in writing. Email is preferred. No refunds will be given once the training starts.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion from NCDA verifying that you have completed the FCDI training and are able to conduct your own FCD Trainings.
I would absolutely recommend this course, taught by Mark, to everyone in the career development field. I learned so much from him about my concerns that directly related to my job and my career. The information and knowledge I have gained from this course as well as the relationships are invaluable.
Director of Internships and Work Based Programs, Old Saybrook High School
February 21, 2015
The skills acquired in this course will enhance your abilities to perform at a high level in the profession. Mark was a great instructor. He was patient with his students and answered all questions necessary and provided great examples and information to help me grow in the career development area.
Assistant Principal – Manchester High School
May 15, 2016
I was fortunate to have Mark as my Career Development Facilitator certification trainer. Mark shared his vast career services knowledge and expertise throughout the training program. He always found opportunities to engage our group in active critical thinking through the presentation of various career-focused situations and challenges that career counselors face.
More recently, I made the decision to pursue the NCDA’s Instructor/eLearning Specialty certification. I knew that Mark’s expertise as an NCDA Master Trainer would make this another valuable learning experience. Mark was able to draw upon his strong background in career counseling and career services, as counselor and educator, to offer insightful guidance and perspective on a number of relevant issues and topics, as well as various challenging scenarios related to the training of CDFs. His long-standing commitment to our field is admirable. It was a privilege to have had these professional development opportunities with Mark as my facilitator.
Cheryl Stratigos, M.Ed.
Career Counselor and Professor at Farmingdale State College
December 1, 2017
I was fortunate to be in Mark’s Facilitating Career Development (FCD) online course last year and thoroughly enjoyed every piece of it! Excellent course, well planned, and relevant topics. Mark does an excellent job presenting class material through an online platform while maintaining the personal touch and student engagement at the same time. His treatment of the course material makes the course fun, informative, and very enjoyable. He is definitely an expert in the field, and it was wonderful to be able to learn from him. I will definitely recommend his course especially to those who lack formal training and/or need a refresher course in the field of career development.
Liana Jindaryan, M.S.
Director of Career Services at California Institute of the Arts
March 2, 2018
A true expert in facilitating career development, Mark is a consummate professional and inspires others to renew their commitment to the field, adhere to professional standards, and connect with their community through his comprehensive online Facilitating Career Development course. Mark has a way of making online content come to life by creating intentional touch points throughout the course. Though all students were located in a different city, he was diligent to ensure that we connected with one another on a personal level.
Mark is a go-to resource for career development professionals and I highly recommend his course to anyone interested in obtaining their Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP) or Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF).
Rita Soultanian, M.Ed.
Director, Career and Re-Entry Center at Saddleback College
March 17, 2018
I truly enjoyed the class and have started using the skills and tools I gained in my everyday work with adolescents at a community mental health agency. I see how important it is for the next generation to have a sense of hope about their future! This class will impact the lives of so many for the better!
Director of Youth Outplacement Facility
April 21, 2018
The GCDF instructor training course has given me the tools I need to train CDF’s here in the state of Arkansas. I could not have had a better instructor than Mark to prepare me to train others as CDF’s. Even though I have completed my instructor training, I know that I can always count on Mark for his help and support.
Business Teacher – Nashville AR
April 21, 2018